About Me

My photo
God crossed our paths on 4-21-06...we took our time to officially start dating--we prayerfully started dating in the Summer of 2006, got engaged on 5-19-07, and God united us as one on our wedding day, 12-15-07. Exactly 1 year later, 12-15-08, we found out we were expecting our 1st child, Bailey Josiah, who was born on 8-3-09. God has blessed us beyond measure with such a precious son! We are so thankful for each other & for the amazing opportunity to raise one of His precious children. Little did we know, that a short 4 years later, we would be living out our vows, "through sickness & in health"...we hope & pray that this struggle with Lyme is going to be temporary, but right now are just taking it one day at a time, trusting God each step of the way. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9...."Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5b

Search

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gluten Free--not so bad after all :~)

So, part of my Lyme treatment plan is going Gluten-free--which at first, I was like, "Oh no", it's going to be boring, because if you know me, you know I have slipped by my whole life, now being 25, without any, I mean Any fruits & veggies, other than potatoes, so this is a Big Deal :~).....but now, 2.5 weeks into it, it's not so bad after all. And a plus, I've lost 8 pounds in 2.5 weeks!! :~)

I just wanted to list what I eat throughout the day & see if anyone has anything to say about it :~)


**Breakfast-- i make a smoothie, and Bailey sees me making it and always wants one too, so i make a lil extra....precious! :~)

I use:

1. Coconut Milk (just enough to cover ingredients)
2. Frozen Blueberries (a lil handful--great  b/c of the antioxidants)
3. Frozen Strawberries--(like 5 or 6--on berries, i get frozen ones at Walmart)
4. About 8-9 Spinach leaves---you totally can't taste them---a good way to sneak in the greens :~)
5. About 4-5 lil round carrots---i get the frozen bag at walmart for $0.98, and boil them--Bailey eats them for lunches and/or suppers sand i also use them for my breakfast smoothie
6. And today I started adding a handful of Kale into it--(couldn't taste it at all, but a great way to get some greens in me)

& with this smoothie I eat about a handful of the Gluten Free Chex, which is like right under $4 at Walmart--its green & white & says GF on it.....



**For lunch, i usually do a toasted sandwich, only one slice of Gluten Free bread, that I got in the frozen section at Bi-Lo, the Udis brand for like $4.98---i only use one piece of bread to make it last b/c of the price, but mostly b/c of carbs.....I'll eat it with a lil turkey or roast beef---maybe a lil cheese :)


**Snacks--Lay's plain chips are gluten free, peanuts are ok, and on the 2nd chip aisle at Walmart, they make these awesome chips/veggie straws--they make the veggie ones & the cheese ones--Bailey & I love them & they are so much healthier!, as eating them, they feel so much lighter than previous cheese doodles I have eaten, such a better feeling....the Key is that you have to look at labels--if it say 'modified', or 'wheat' anything, then its a no no, or artificial flavoring.....


**Supper--i get a pack of fresh chicken strips, the ones that are all natural, around $5 at walmart----i marinate them in extra virgin olive oil, seasoning salt, parsley, and a lil spinach cut up to where it looks like parsley, yesterday I added Kale as well, cut it up as small as parsley......i bake these at 350 degrees for like 40 min--they are yummy!, and they last at least 3 days or longer for suppers-----also bacon is ok, so sometimes i'll have bacon (drain the grease) & 2 or 3 eggs, cuz eggs are Great to have!

---Also for supper, a few days ago I tried a sweet potato--i've tried it before, but didnt like it---now that i can't really have potatoes, but if i do they need to be sweet potatoes, i was like let me try this again----so i boiled the whole potato--on med-high for like 25 min or so, then cut it up into lil pieces---i have this lil packet of seasoning called bacon & chives--its like $0.98 at walmart near the potatoes---you add extra virgin olive oil to it and dip the potatoes in it---then i broiled them for like 5 min or so in my oven---they were yummy!!, you can also put cinnamon on them!, a nice little dessert :~)....I even got Bailey to eat them, although he eats pretty much all fruits & veggies :~), but I was like, "Bailey they are orange--yummy!"....hen said "Urnge....mmmm" & ate away :~)


So, if you have Lyme or maybe Celiac Disease, or going Gluten Free will benefit anyone; it's only a major plus for anyone :~)

So, if I can do it, you can do it!!....& this all goes back to the title of my blog, "Joy in the Morning"...the sorrow does last for the night, like I have said before. Personally, my 'night' could be weeks, months, years, or longer, but God does promise relief, & I praise Him for that!

And also, we are called to take care of our bodies, they are a temple of the Holy Spirit, if you are a believer, (1 Cor 6:19-20), we were bought with a price--Jesus bore our sin on the Cross, that we may receive His righteousness--this is a Big deal--we are His Creation, therefore we should take care of our bodies--having to go Gluten free is a blessing in disguise for me, that I am so thankful for!

Hope you have a lovely & blessed day!! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment