About Me

My photo
God crossed our paths on 4-21-06...we took our time to officially start dating--we prayerfully started dating in the Summer of 2006, got engaged on 5-19-07, and God united us as one on our wedding day, 12-15-07. Exactly 1 year later, 12-15-08, we found out we were expecting our 1st child, Bailey Josiah, who was born on 8-3-09. God has blessed us beyond measure with such a precious son! We are so thankful for each other & for the amazing opportunity to raise one of His precious children. Little did we know, that a short 4 years later, we would be living out our vows, "through sickness & in health"...we hope & pray that this struggle with Lyme is going to be temporary, but right now are just taking it one day at a time, trusting God each step of the way. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9...."Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5b

Search

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Have to Learn to Not Over Do it!!

So this is my 2nd week of antibiotics. These first two weeks, she started me on half the dose I should be taking to start off gently; which I have done okay, but have definitely had some rough days, especially when I over do it. I do not mean to, I just try to go and do a few things, but then my body just won't go anymore, which is what happened today.

I had my 2nd eye appointment today, the first one being in 8th grade :~) My eyes have been fine up until this past year & have gotten Alot worse over the past two months or so. But I do have a stigmatism--my new, wonderful eye doctor, which I highly recommend to anyone, Dr. Burt at Palmetto Eye here in Rock Hill, said that is what is causing my blurry & double vision, and this is not related to Lyme, but the weakness/tiredness in my eyes is definitely related to me having Lyme disease. So, I do have to get glasses, but I am kind of excited about it because they make some cute ones these days :~) hehe

But yea, I just went to my eye appointment & to Walmart just to grab a few things, and by the time I got Bailey from my mama's & got him down for a nap, it felt as if my body had an on/off switch and like someone had switched it to off.

So, God is really teaching me that I just need to realize that during this "night" (as in the theme of my blog), during this season of life, I have to just slow down & rest, rest, rest. And, He has really been revealing to me here lately that during the times of rest to just be still before him (Psalm 46:10) & to pray, to just be in a constant state of prayer. I have yet to be obedient to this tug on my heart, but He's definitely tugging & waiting on my obedience.

I want to wake up each day talking to God & just leaving the conversation open all day & not say Amen til I lay my head on my pillow :~)

So, yea, this is going to be a long 9 month or longer journey & I am one to constantly want to be on the go, but God is teaching me that I just Have to rest; I do not have a choice at this point. And I know that is for a reason. God has and is and will do mighty things through this, I know it! It is exciting to see Him daily at work & I look forward to what He is going to do through this; I praise Him for what He already has done through this--every single detail He's worked out to make this treatment plan happen, the people He's placed in my life as a result of having Lyme, & just for the daily deepening of peace He gives me even on my very worst of days! :)

Ultimately, what is most important is Him receving All the Glory, so I hope & pray that He is in every single way, and that He would use me in the lives of others, to encourage them...that is my hope & my desire! :~)


So, next week is Week 3 of antibiotics; she is doubling the doses of all of my antibiotics, which is the dose I should be at--we will see how that goes--as you think of our family, please pray!, pray that my body will respond well & pray that God will heal my body through this long treatment plan---whether He heals me in two weeks, two months, or two years, or even if it's not here on earth, I know He has promised relief, which is what my whole blog is focused on, Joy in the Morning.

I can't wait for that relief, but if I spend every single day anticipating it, then I could really be missing out on what God may be trying to teach me or do through me for His Glory.

I'm actually thankful for this suffering, even though it could be So much worse, because it daily reminds me of my sin & that there are diseases as a result of a fallen world, of our sin--and this daily reminds me of my Desperate, desperate need for Jesus!, I cannot do Anything without Him!, I praise Him for the Cross & for dying for you, for me; that He bore our sin, so that we may receive His rightesouness.....o' the Gospel is So beautful & So powerful & I praise Him for it! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment