About Me

My photo
God crossed our paths on 4-21-06...we took our time to officially start dating--we prayerfully started dating in the Summer of 2006, got engaged on 5-19-07, and God united us as one on our wedding day, 12-15-07. Exactly 1 year later, 12-15-08, we found out we were expecting our 1st child, Bailey Josiah, who was born on 8-3-09. God has blessed us beyond measure with such a precious son! We are so thankful for each other & for the amazing opportunity to raise one of His precious children. Little did we know, that a short 4 years later, we would be living out our vows, "through sickness & in health"...we hope & pray that this struggle with Lyme is going to be temporary, but right now are just taking it one day at a time, trusting God each step of the way. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9...."Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5b

Search

Friday, January 13, 2012

Week One Down, maybe 50 or so to go....

Week one of intense antibiotics down, only 50 or so more weeks to go :~)


Praise to Jesus that I am actually doing pretty well. This is the last day of my first week; I take the supplements everyday, but the antibiotics only on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. Thankfully, the supplements, meds, & Gluten free diet are really helping with energy, sleep, anxiety, & so thankful they are helping with the nausea; the nausea is getting a little better. Hopefully with time, it will get even better :~)


A few of my symptoms have gotten slightly better, but I still just feel so weak & lethargic all over even though the supplements are helping with energy, my whole body just feels so heavy & just 'blah' basically :)


That's the most difficult part, on the outside I look completely fine & dandy, but on the inside it feels like my body is just giving out sometimes. I do try to push myself to be able to continue doing things, especially more important family things, but I do get plenty of rest because that is important, and it helps me to save up energy to be able to do things on the weekend with family, which I am thankful for. :~)


Speaking of being thankful, I Highly recommend you read this book called, "Choosing Gratitude" by Nancy Leigh Demoss....it is such an encouraging, yet convicting book. God has reminded me through it, that during trials in our life, it is our choice to be thankful or not. No matter what we have been through, are going through, or will go through, there is something within that situation we can be thankful for. Pick that something out and praise God for it!, It may help to make a list of people & things you are thankful are--daily look at that & realize the situation may not be so bad after all (that's someting I have yet to do, but need to) :~)


The key in this still boils down to having a relationship with God--everyone can be thankful, but when you truly Know God, not just 'believe' in Him, you will see the world through His eyes and not your own, & there will just be a whole different insight on life period.




So, I went from talking about my first week of antibiotics to being thankful, and yes they are connected. During this long time of treatment (sorrow may last for the night), I could wallow around & be full of self-pity, which I am Definitely guilty of sometimes, or I can choose to be thankful; thankful for a diagnosis, for a treatment plan, thankful for a time that God will give me relief (but Joy comes with the morning)--aside from health, thankful for my amazingly, supportive husband, our precious son that is So easy-going it makes things easier for me on my worse days, thankful for a lovely extended family-the sweet bond we have, I love!....and the list could go on......
~Psalm 30:5~


I say all that to say that through anything, let's Choose to be Thankful! :~)




**1 Thessalonians 5: 16-19--"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit."


**Phil 4: 11-13-- (this is Paul speaking) "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."


--->One thing I just thought about from Phil 4--the next to last verse says, "I have learned"....meaning it does take time, you're not going to just up and have a gentle spirit about whatever it is you are going through----yes, it's a choice as I spoke about before, but it is also learned, & takes practice...
If you're a true Christ follower, the Spirit dwells within you & convicts you--through that conviction, you are disciplned & you learn, just like a child--which we are children of God!...not to say we can sit back & not do anything since the Spirit is at work--we have to actively pursue God with All our might, Daily.
For example, yes I teach Bailey, but he is actively pursuing things; like his letters, colors, & numbers--I teach him, but he doesn't just sit back & say Mommy's going to do it all; he has his part in learning as well, just like us as children of God :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment