About Me

My photo
God crossed our paths on 4-21-06...we took our time to officially start dating--we prayerfully started dating in the Summer of 2006, got engaged on 5-19-07, and God united us as one on our wedding day, 12-15-07. Exactly 1 year later, 12-15-08, we found out we were expecting our 1st child, Bailey Josiah, who was born on 8-3-09. God has blessed us beyond measure with such a precious son! We are so thankful for each other & for the amazing opportunity to raise one of His precious children. Little did we know, that a short 4 years later, we would be living out our vows, "through sickness & in health"...we hope & pray that this struggle with Lyme is going to be temporary, but right now are just taking it one day at a time, trusting God each step of the way. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9...."Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5b

Search

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

3rd Visit with my Lyme Doc

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am a few days late, but I spoke with my Lyme doctor on the phone, Friday, the 24th, for our 3rd visit. We spoke for close to an hour. She decided that the treatment plan I initially started with (3 weeks on antibiotics, 1 off, 3 weeks on), was too much for me. She said my body is overwhelmed and is not 'dying off' nor detoxing well; that it was just too much for my body to handle. The muscle weakness has gotten worse, the brain fog is Horrible!, I have a hard time being around people because it is hard to express myself through words, & I am super sensitive to sound, light, and heat, which is also making it difficult to be around people & go about my day. So, I have just been in the house with my precious son, taking it one day at a time.

My doctor made some adjustments to my treatment plan. I will still be on the same antibiotics and same doses, but I am currently taking 2 weeks off of antibiotics, then in 2 weeks, on March 12th, I will take them for 2 weeks, then be off 2 more---so in 6 weeks, I will speak with my doctor again, hoping to tell her I am doing a little better. :~)

I Really hope this helps, because she said with her having her own clinic and it just being her, she can only handle simple cases; that if I do not get better the way she hopes, she will not be able to handle my case, & that I may have to go to Dr. Jemsek in Washington D.C.  I hope it does not get to that point; for one, I want to get better, but also it would be hard to travel to him, physically, mentally, & financially.

So, I hope & pray spreading the antibiotics out & giving my body more of a break will help me. Even if it takes longer to get better this way, I am okay with that, because it is important I am able to daily cope with it better; if not, my body will not heal itself.

That's where I'm at right now...still taking it one day at a time. God is gently teaching me to submit to the way things are right now, & be okay with the fact that I indeed do have to take it one day at a time. This is hard to go through; physically, mentally, & emotionally it is taking a toll on my whole entire body, but as I wake up each day, I need to choose to live that given day to its fullest & choose to have a positive attitude; that is what I am daily striving to do, & through it, I hope & pray that God uses me, ultimately that He would receive All the Glory! :~)


"You won't become the person you were created to be if you do not spend time with the One who created you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment