About Me

My photo
God crossed our paths on 4-21-06...we took our time to officially start dating--we prayerfully started dating in the Summer of 2006, got engaged on 5-19-07, and God united us as one on our wedding day, 12-15-07. Exactly 1 year later, 12-15-08, we found out we were expecting our 1st child, Bailey Josiah, who was born on 8-3-09. God has blessed us beyond measure with such a precious son! We are so thankful for each other & for the amazing opportunity to raise one of His precious children. Little did we know, that a short 4 years later, we would be living out our vows, "through sickness & in health"...we hope & pray that this struggle with Lyme is going to be temporary, but right now are just taking it one day at a time, trusting God each step of the way. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9...."Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5b

Search

Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Though the sorrow may last for the night, His Joy comes with the Morning"

So, I am revolving my blog around Psalm 30:5b, "Weeping may tarry for the night but joy comes with the morning." now of course, the words night and morning here do not actually mean night and morning as we may think; it could, but rather they represent different times in our life--the night represents the harder times in life; the trials of life, meaning only a season of our life--while morning represents the time when that difficult season has passed---
"Though there is indeed weeping in the lives of the faithful (sometimes because their misdeeds have incurred God's anger, and sometimes just because of suffering that comes from living in a fallen world), it comes to an end. Morning stands for the time when God gives relief; it might not arrive until the last day, but it will surely come."Morning comes after the night, therefore joy comes after weeping--and as a believer there is True, Pure Joy because of our hope in God; that Joy comes from His Sovereignty, His Power, & He is Faithful & will see us through the hard times.

It makes me think of the lyrics to the song, "Trading My Sorrows:"

I'm trading my sorrows 
I'm trading my shame 
I'm laying them down 
For the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness 
I'm trading my pain 
I'm laying them down 
For the joy of the Lord 

Yes Lord yes Lord 
Yes yes Lord 
Yes Lord yes Lord 
Yes yes Lord 
Yes Lord yes Lord 
Yes yes Lord Amen

I am pressed but not crushed 
Persecuted not abandoned 
Struck down but not destroyed 
I am blessed beyond the curse 
For His promise will endure 
That His joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night 
His joy comes with the morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KsfwvpcQhY&feature=related

It's about laying whatever we are going through in life down before the Lord, trading your sickness, your pain, your sorrow, laying them down for the Joy of the Lord--God is Faithful! no matter what you are going through He is Faithful to heal, to provide...may you just put your God-gven faith in Him & experience true, pure Joy! :~)

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this write up,it's encouraging, this is what I need at moment to help me go through hard time that am passing through now. God bless you richly. Amen

    ReplyDelete