About Me

My photo
God crossed our paths on 4-21-06...we took our time to officially start dating--we prayerfully started dating in the Summer of 2006, got engaged on 5-19-07, and God united us as one on our wedding day, 12-15-07. Exactly 1 year later, 12-15-08, we found out we were expecting our 1st child, Bailey Josiah, who was born on 8-3-09. God has blessed us beyond measure with such a precious son! We are so thankful for each other & for the amazing opportunity to raise one of His precious children. Little did we know, that a short 4 years later, we would be living out our vows, "through sickness & in health"...we hope & pray that this struggle with Lyme is going to be temporary, but right now are just taking it one day at a time, trusting God each step of the way. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9...."Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5b

Search

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

...Waiting...

September 14, 2011

*Truths from God’s Word in times of trial, in times of waiting....


"Praise be to the LORD, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. The LORD is the strength of His people, a fortress of salvation for His anointed one." Psalm 28:6-8

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him..." Psalm 37:7

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." Micah 7:7

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 13:12

"We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22

"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning." Psalm 130:5-6

‎"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9


(Melody, we’re not even ‘technically’ friends on FB yet, and we don’t even know each other, but I want you to know that I read these Scriptures from your blog that Cheryl shared with me, and am going to daily read them and hold onto them…know that through your fight against Lyme Disease that God is using you and working through you; He used you tonight and we don’t even really know each other yet; that's how Amazing He is!!….I just skimmed over your blog, and He gently led me to these Scriptures you posted last October actually and He spoke volumes to me thru them...ultimately God receives All the Glory, through His Power & Sovereignty, but know that He is indeed using you...I cannot imagine your struggle for 10yrs, but momentarily, hold fast to these truths, and as God is healing you, He is using you...I just wanted you to know that...looking forward to getting to know each other)  :~)



Encouraging Songs God has comforted me through:

“While I’m Waiting”  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7TSGptd3Y  

“Oceans Will Part” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Uj_B0KNgU

“Arms Open Wide” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvNdybdyeOc&feature=related

“Oh You Bring” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVHhoWECVvE

Tuesday, Sept 13, 2011:
 “God I thank you for breaking me tonight. I thank you Lord for allowing me to have this pain & weakness; this may be just what it is taking/has taken to reach me, and you are making that clear to me more and more each day. I see how you are sanctifying me through this and that I can’t just mozy  through this life by my own strength, which is what I have been doing for quite some time now; On the surface I have been ‘Mrs. Faithful’ so to speak, but you Lord, are the only one who really knows my heart…for the past while, I have strived to bring you praise & Glory but by my own strength, speaking out loud your truths, but doubting them in the depths of my heart…I have asked everybody and their brother to be praying for me, but yet I haven’t even done so myself, not consistently……God, thank you SO much for showing me O’ so powerfully tonight that I am human, I am weak, I cannot do anything without you, and showing me even more so tonight how it doesn’t take praying & reading to be a Christian, but choosing to not take time to spend with you, daily, over time, leaves me striving to get through each day by my own human strength, and it is impossible to do so…there is No way I can be the wife or mama you have called me to be without daily, momentarily, seeking You will All my heart, and truly doing it…I have gone So long, chugging along with my own strength, and it has just made me doubtful, anxious, confused, fretful, impatient, bitter……….and I do well with disguising these, but Lord, from this moment on, I will strive to seek you every second of every day and bathe each day in prayer & reflect & study Your Word; comfort me, teach me, mold me, sanctify me, and may your sweet Spirit convict me and lead me, teach me how to be the wife, mama, and woman I so desire to be. I praise you for this pain & weakness, for without it, I would probably still be mozyin through dangling by the thread of my own strength; and over time, I have gotten to the point to where I am weak, I have nothing left, and I am so sorry Lord, that it took trial after trial, but yet at the same time I praise you for it, because without the situations our family has been through, I may not clearly see and fully understand my utter & Desperate need for you, not just once a week, once a month, or once a year, but Daily, God……I have professed this truth with my mouth to person after person, but for so long haven’t been living it out….God, thank you so much for remaining faithful and not giving up on me, and being patient when I have chosen so many things over you for comfort and answers, not necessarily bad things, but they were my top priorities over you for comfort and answers for so long…whether it be placing my trust in doctor after doctor, test after test, or even in comfort food or reality shows, & most of all, searching for, thru Tim, the intimacy and comfort that only You can give me; yes, you use my husband to bring major comfort, unconditional love, and guidance, but ultimately you are Head over our marriage Lord and I can only find True, eternal peace & pure joy in you, Lord; remind me of that daily, Lord as I seek you.....thank you Lord, help me to daily overflow my thoughts with these truths from Your Word that are written above, lead me Lord, heal me, teach me, use me, and most of All may you receive All the Glory.  In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment